Back-end Software Engineer
Stratio is the World’s Leading Real-time Predictive Fleet Maintenance Platform. The company's proprietary technology combines large-scale processing with the latest machine learning techniques to prevent hundreds of thousands of breakdowns from happening every day, thus saving millions of people from the hassle of public transportation delays, postponed deliveries, or late arrival of essential goods. Stratio’s platform enables zero downtime for 5 of the 10 largest transportation companies in the world and, in 2021, raised an investment of $12 million to boost leadership in predictive fleet maintenance. Fleet operators in Europe, North America, Asia-pacific, and Latin America trust Stratio’s technology to fully leverage the data under the hood to safeguard operations, and keep customers happy. Stratio’s technology has enabled transportation for 1.3 billion people so far.
The Back-end Software Engineer is responsible for curating the structure of server side information. This means developing, maintaining and scaling up our platform and our vehicle information database, ensuring its reliability, scalability, performance and cost-effectiveness. Be ready to be part of a highly innovative team, always searching for new technologies and standards to keep improving our technological stack in an agile environment.
- Participate in the specification of new features and improvements, supporting our Product Owner;
- Implement and maintain core services with business logic, serving REST/JSON APIs implemented with .NET Core;
- Contribute to improvements to product quality, security, and performance;
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain these standards through code review;
- Use Elasticsearch as the main technology for data storage and analytics;
- Use Kafka for message queuing;
- Design and implement the software architecture to support high availability and horizontal scalability;
- Design, plan and implement services for event streaming;
- Design and implementing Web APIs;
- Capacity of log interpretation and debugging in order to solve bugs and issues in production;
- Design Database Schemas having into account reliability and scalability.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject;
- 3 or more years of professional software engineering experience;
- Proven track-record developing scalable, robust and efficient distributed systems;
- Strong knowledge of C#;
- Strong knowledge of software design and architecture;
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems;
- Experience with cloud-native application development;
- Understanding of various coding methods and computer languages;
- Strong knowledge of software development life-cycle processes;
- Reliability and great problem-solving skills, with great attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Good knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
- Hands-on experience with Elasticsearch, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes or Redis is a big plus;
- Experience working with testing frameworks, particularly NUnit and Mock;
- Knowledge of Domain-Driven Design.
We expect you to:
- Contribute to the specification of new features and improvements;
- Contribute to designing and implementing the software architecture, always thinking of performance, scalability and reliability;
- Participate in execution and documentation of tests;
- Knowledge and experience working with Design Patterns;
- Great programming skills, ability to produce quality code that is maintainable, efficient, reliable and secure;
- Have experience with both relational databases and NoSQL databases;
- Have experience with message brokers;
- Have knowledge of the whole development cycle;
- Be able to own your mistakes and take actions so that they don't happen again;
- Keep an eye for possible improvements and identify disruptions in the processes;
- Work with autonomy to find solutions to complex problems and be flexible and responsive to changing requirements and priorities.
What we offer:
- Health Insurance;
- Fringe Benefits Policy;
- Flexible Work Hours - adjust your schedule to your needs;
- Work Setup - remote, hybrid, onsite - if your job can be done remotely, and you prefer to, you’re free to choose;
- Hardware and software for a full remote setup;
- Monthly All-Hands;
- Quarterly Events to discuss Strategy;
- Autonomy and Ownership Culture;
- Continuous feedback culture;
- Innovation Mindset;
- Career Acceleration.
- Remote / Hybrid / Lisbon / Coimbra
We want inspiring individuals in our teams, where age, race, gender, sexual orientation, politics and religion do not matter, and seek to create a tolerant and open space for everyone. We thrive to provide an inclusive and trustworthy environment.
You can find our Culture Manifesto and more team information here.
Take the road with us!