Hardware Development Engineer
Stratio is the World’s Leading Real-time Predictive Fleet Maintenance Platform. The company's proprietary technology combines large-scale processing with the latest machine learning techniques to prevent hundreds of thousands of breakdowns from happening every day, thus saving millions of people from the hassle of public transportation delays, postponed deliveries, or late arrival of essential goods. Stratio’s platform enables zero downtime for 5 of the 10 largest transportation companies in the world and, in 2021, raised an investment of $12 million to boost leadership in predictive fleet maintenance. Fleet operators in Europe, North America, Asia-pacific, and Latin America trust Stratio’s technology to fully leverage the data under the hood to safeguard operations, and keep customers happy. Stratio’s technology has enabled transportation for 1.3 billion people so far.
The Hardware Engineer is primarily responsible for the development, quality and continuous improvement of internally developed hardware solutions.
- Contribute actively in the design of new solutions and participate in all phases of design;
- Provide critical support with the purpose of improved quality and cost reduction;
- Understand business requirements and translate them to system requirements;
- Implement complex embedded systems architectures;
- Design complex power supply units with strict EMI requirements;
- Design and refactor HW schematics and PCB (component identification, sourcing/procurement);
- Work with schematic capture and PCB design, layout and routing;
- Implement prototyping and bring-up and design;
- Follow up manufacturers dependencies, quality and timelines;
- Follow up manufacture in Europe;
- Prepare and follow up manufacture in Brazil;
- Conduct components sourcing and procurement;
- Plan and execute hardware systems certification;
- Implement and follow up global certification strategy and processes;
- Propose and test upgrades and improvements to HW architecture and design;
- Design and implement HW changes having Chinese manufacturing market as target;
- Design and troubleshoot microcontroller and embedded mixed signal systems;
- Design test benches, jigs and validation facilities;
- Create and maintain detailed documentation for the complete hardware lifecycle.
- BSc.(mandatory) or MSc (nice to have) in Electronics Engineer or similar field;
- Proven experience in electronics hardware development;
- Hardware knowledge in analogue and digital systems;
- Hardware development for embedded systems in V-model;
- Survey and requirements analysis;
- Debug of embedded systems based on ARM architecture;
- Knowledge of Kicad, Altium or other PCB design tools;
- Knowledge of EMC/EMI compliance testing and immunity;
- Deep knowledge of laboratory equipment, testing, prototyping and rework;
- Availability to travel to China;
- Fluency in English.
What we offer:
- Health Insurance;
- Fringe Benefits Policy;
- Flexible Work Hours - adjust your schedule to your needs;
- Work Setup - hybrid, onsite - if your job can be done remotely, and you prefer to, you’re free to choose;
- Hardware and software for a full remote setup;
- Monthly All-Hands;
- Quarterly Events to discuss Strategy;
- Autonomy and Ownership Culture;
- Continuous feedback culture;
- Innovation Mindset;
- Career Acceleration.
- Hybrid / Lisbon / Coimbra / China
We want inspiring individuals in our teams, where age, race, gender, sexual orientation, politics and religion do not matter, and seek to create a tolerant and open space for everyone. We thrive to provide an inclusive and trustworthy environment.
You can find our Culture Manifesto and more team information here.
Take the road with us!