Embedded Quality Assurance Engineer
Stratio is the World’s Leading Real-time Predictive Fleet Maintenance Platform. The company's proprietary technology combines large-scale processing with the latest machine learning techniques to prevent hundreds of thousands of breakdowns from happening every day, thus saving millions of people from the hassle of public transportation delays, postponed deliveries, or late arrival of essential goods. Stratio’s platform enables zero downtime for 5 of the 10 largest transportation companies in the world and, in 2021, raised an investment of $12 million to boost leadership in predictive fleet maintenance. Fleet operators in Europe, North America, Asia-pacific, and Latin America trust Stratio’s technology to fully leverage the data under the hood to safeguard operations, and keep customers happy. Stratio’s technology has enabled transportation for 1.3 billion people so far.
The Embedded QA Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing tests, debugging, and defining corrective actions, reviewing system requirements and tracking quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts). The Embedded QA Engineer will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs while being cost-effective and preparing the necessary environment for providing the necessary environments for development (integration and user acceptance testing environments).
Understand and troubleshoot microcontroller and embedded mixed-signal systems;
- Oversee the CI/CD processes and configuration;
- Oversee the environments for development (integration and user acceptance testing environments), including test data management;
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases;
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities;
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open-source tools;
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs;
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved;
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements;
- Work together with internal teams, troubleshooting and debugging issues in production and other environments;
- Analyze and compile deployment configuration guidelines based on performance, stability and other end-to-end testing activities;
- Work daily with software and hardware teams to promote continuous improvement and quality mindset in product development.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Electronical Engineer, Engineering or a related subject;
- 3 or more years of professional software/hardware testing experience in embedded systems;
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance and test automation;
- Experience in hardware testing and testing in embedded systems;
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools,processes and automation;
- Good knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
- Experience with testing in production techniques (canary testing, A/B Testing, monitoring, etc.) is a plus;
- Experience with C++, Python, GitLab, Docker/Kubernetes;
- Experience with tools such as SonarQube and OWASP Dependency Track;
- Knowledge of Eclipse IDE, Keil or IAR;
- Basic knowledge of MisraC++, Autosar and ISO 26262;
- Knowledge in design and develop security tests.
We expect you to:
- Be able to work with minimal supervision;
- Be eager to learn about design patterns, performance and security;
- Be eager to learn new tools for new problems;
- Promote a quality-driven culture;
- Keep an eye for possible improvements and identify disruptions in the processes.
What we offer:
- Health Insurance;
- Fringe Benefits Policy;
- Flexible Work Hours - adjust your schedule to your needs;
- Work Setup - remote, hybrid, onsite - if your job can be done remotely, and you prefer to, you’re free to choose;
- Hardware and software for a full remote setup;
- Monthly All-Hands;
- Quarterly Events to discuss Strategy;
- Autonomy and Ownership Culture;
- Continuous feedback culture;
- Innovation Mindset;
- Career Acceleration.
- Remote / Hybrid / Lisbon / Coimbra
We want inspiring individuals in our teams, where age, race, gender, sexual orientation, politics and religion do not matter, and seek to create a tolerant and open space for everyone. We thrive to provide an inclusive and trustworthy environment.
You can find our Culture Manifesto and more team information here.
Take the road with us!