Junior Data Engineer - QA
Stratio is the World’s Leading Real-time Predictive Fleet Maintenance Platform. The company's proprietary technology combines large-scale processing with the latest machine learning techniques to prevent hundreds of thousands of breakdowns from happening every day, thus saving millions of people from the hassle of public transportation delays, postponed deliveries, or late arrival of essential goods. Stratio’s platform enables zero downtime for 5 of the 10 largest transportation companies in the world and, in 2021, raised an investment of $12 million to boost leadership in predictive fleet maintenance. Fleet operators in Europe, North America, Asia-pacific, and Latin America trust Stratio’s technology to fully leverage the data under the hood to safeguard operations, and keep customers happy. Stratio’s technology has enabled transportation for 1.3 billion people so far.
As a Junior Data Engineer - QA, your main role will be learning, assisting, and promoting quality initiatives in the data engineering team to assist and build end-to-end analytical solutions. You will work alongside our agile development teams using the latest technologies to guarantee that our solutions are compliant with high quality standards. You will be helping and ensuring our data and artifacts have the necessary quality to be part of our machine learning models that deliver predictions to our customers.
- Understand, design, implement and assess quality in our data engineering artifacts;
- Create a comprehensive test suit for our solutions, either by the addition of unit, integration, acceptance or manual testing;
- Participate in the development of the data pipeline environment for our Machine Learning solutions;
- Willingness to learn technical concepts related to data engineering and quality assurance;
- Be tenacious in finding better solutions for testing, investigate and research new concepts and bring them into discussion;
- Ambitious in deliver consistently artifacts with better quality to improve our code base and architecture;
- Participate along with tech leads in the design of quality procedures and in the development of better test artifacts for our machine learning-based applications, services, and APIs in the Stratio architecture;
- Contribute to develop and maintain a testing system that provides advanced quality insights for our data engineering artifacts;
- Be part of a technological evolution in the adoption of new tools, frameworks and processes to automate, scale and improve our end-to-end quality;
- Contribute and assist in the development of quality metrics that will be used for monitoring and overall product quality.
- Experience in the Computer Science field;
- Awareness of the importance of quality assurance in the development process;
- Basic programming knowledge in Python or other object-oriented programming languages;
- Knowledge of basic database concepts and usage;
- Comfortable with Agile methodologies, such as Scrum and Kanban;
- Creative problem-solving and critical thinking skills, especially around code analysis;
- Proficiency in English.
- Experience developing and maintaining software applications;
- Knowledge about SOLID Principles and Design Patterns of SW development;
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment processes;
- IEFP eligibility.
We expect you to:
- Have willingness to learn;
- Be eager to have discussions outside the technical comfort zone;
- Create a comprehensive test suite;
- Assist and maintain an optimal data testing architecture;
- Keep an eye for possible improvements and identify disruptions in the processes.
What we offer:
- Health Insurance;
- Fringe Benefits Policy;
- Flexible Work Hours - adjust your schedule to your needs;
- Work Setup - remote, hybrid, onsite - if your job can be done remotely, and you prefer to, you’re free to choose;
- Hardware and software for a full remote setup;
- Monthly All-Hands;
- Quarterly Events to discuss Strategy;
- Autonomy and Ownership Culture;
- Continuous feedback culture;
- Innovation Mindset;
- Career Acceleration.
- Remote / Hybrid / Lisbon / Coimbra
We want inspiring individuals in our teams, where age, race, gender, sexual orientation, politics and religion do not matter, and seek to create a tolerant and open space for everyone. We thrive to provide an inclusive and trustworthy environment.
You can find our Culture Manifesto and more team information here.
Take the road with us!