Quality Assurance Engineer | Software
Stratio is the World’s Leading Real-time Predictive Fleet Maintenance Platform. The company's proprietary technology combines large-scale processing with the latest machine learning techniques to prevent hundreds of thousands of breakdowns from happening every day, thus saving millions of people from the hassle of public transportation delays, postponed deliveries, or late arrival of essential goods. Stratio’s platform enables zero downtime for 5 of the 10 largest transportation companies in the world and, in 2021, raised an investment of $12 million to boost leadership in predictive fleet maintenance. Fleet operators in Europe, North America, Asia-pacific, and Latin America trust Stratio’s technology to fully leverage the data under the hood to safeguard operations, and keep customers happy. Stratio’s technology has enabled transportation for 1.3 billion people so far.
Quality Assurance Engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging, and defining corrective actions, review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts). QA Engineer will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs while being cost-effective. QA Engineer will also be responsible for providing the necessary environments for development (integration and user acceptance testing environments).
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback;
- Oversee the CI/CD processes and configuration;
- Oversee the environments for development (integration and user acceptance testing environments), including test data management;
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases;
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities;
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open-source tools;
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs;
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved;
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs;
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements;
- Work together with internal teams, troubleshooting and debugging issues in production and other environments;
- Analyze and compile deployment configuration guidelines based on performance, stability and other end-to-end testing activities;
- Work daily with software and hardware teams to promote continuous improvement and quality mindset in product development;
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject;
- 3 or more years of professional software testing experience;
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance and test automation;
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Gitlab or Jenkins,
- Sonatype Nexus;
- Experience working with Git and Jira;
- Significant experience with Windows and Linux operating system environments;
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes;
- Knowledge of Relational and Non-Relational databases;
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases;
- Good knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
- Experience with testing in production techniques (canary testing, A/B Testing, monitoring, etc.);
- Experience with .NETCore (especially building and packaging), Jenkins, Docker/Kubernetes technology;
- Experience with tools such as SonarQube and OWASP Dependency Track is plus;
- Experience with Java programming and Gradle;
- Experience with JUnit and Espresso.
We expect you to:
- Be able to work with minimal supervision;
- Help the elements of the team with less experience;
- Be able to own your mistakes and take actions so they don't happen again;
- Be eager to learn about Design Patterns, performance and security;
- Be eager to learn new tools for new problems;
- Promote a quality-driven culture;
- Hands-on on testing activities (Automation, Dashboard, Analytics);
- Keep an eye for possible improvements and identify disruptions in the processes.
What we offer:
- Health Insurance;
- Fringe Benefits Policy;
- Flexible Work Hours - adjust your schedule to your needs;
- Work Setup - remote, hybrid, onsite - if your job can be done remotely, and you prefer to, you’re free to choose;
- Hardware and software for a full remote setup;
- Monthly All-Hands;
- Quarterly Events to discuss Strategy;
- Autonomy and Ownership Culture;
- Continuous feedback culture;
- Innovation Mindset;
- Career Acceleration.
- Remote / Hybrid / Lisbon / Coimbra
We want inspiring individuals in our teams, where age, race, gender, sexual orientation, politics and religion do not matter, and seek to create a tolerant and open space for everyone. We thrive to provide an inclusive and trustworthy environment.
You can find our Culture Manifesto and more team information here.
Take the road with us!